Monday, February 21, 2011

Chilly and pouring freezing rain


A few days ago it really felt like spring.
The clouds were a rich blue that I really only see in spring or late fall. It was still a little chilly, but with a jacket and some water tight shoes I was good to go. How ready I am for spring. And how far off it still seems. Today it is again, very cold and it's raining down freezing rain, the trees above sway in the wind and make cracking sounds with there branches. 

Over the weekend I received something in the mail. A gift from my husband for Valentines day. A Coleman camp oven! I have been wanting one of these camp oven's now for a long time. My husband and I enjoy camping together, and now we are going to enjoy it even more. With this little camp oven we can make cinnamon rolls, cookies, muffins, dutch babies and even poor mans steak, yeah!!! 


And just in case you didn't know what a dutch baby is; here, take a look.



 They are easy to make, and delicious.
You just top them with fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar; that coupled a fresh cup of house blend coffee and your in for a treat. Here at home (and soon to be when camping) this breakfast is one of our favorites. For a low down on this awesome recipe, check out my sister in-laws blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Dutch Babies!!

    Glad you got your stove. Might need to take a long trip to try it out. ;)

    It had gotten nice here, too. And then freezing rain, ice and snow. It was pretty, though. And it IS still February.

    ReplyDelete